Monday, May 03, 2004

when adam met eve

it's 3.36am and i'm thinking, the difference between a MAN and a WOMAN is more than just one having a penis and the other one a vagina. it's also more than just one having a hairy chest with beer gut and the other one having boobies and hips. the most essential difference is in the mind. the way they think, the way they face their dilemmas.

imagine a scenario where a man just had a fight with his woman.

1. it's the woman's fault. so she called up the man and told him "we'll talk more about us. i'll call you up tonight around 8."
now it's 8.10pm, but the woman hasn't called. what would the man have in his mind? this:

hmm. it's past 8. how come she's not calling? errh. whatever. booze time. if she doesn't call i'll call her up later, or tomorrow. doesn't make a difference.

2. it's the man's fault. so he called up the woman and told her "we'll talk more about us. i'll call you up tonight around 8."
now it's 8.10pm, but the man hasn't called. what would the woman have in her mind? this:

maybe that's what he's doing. maybe he's coming on here without calling me up. maybe he's on his way now. something might have happened to him. no, nothing could have happened to him. i can't picture anything happening to him. i never picture him being run over. i never see him lying still and long and dead. i wish he were dead. that's a terrible wish. that's a lovely wish. if he were dead, he would be mine. if he were dead, i would never think of now and the last few weeks. i would remember only the loverly times. it would all be beautiful. i wish he were dead. i wish he were dead, dead, dead.

this is silly. it's silly to go wishing people were dead just because they don't call you up the very minute they said they would. maybe the clock's fast; i don't know whether it's right. maybe he's hardly late at all. anything could have made him a little late. maybe he had to stay at his office. maybe he went home, to call me up from there, and somebody came in. he doesn't like to telephone me in front of people. maybe he's worried, just a little, little bit, about keeping me waiting. he might even hope that i would call him up. i could do that. i could telephone him.

i musn't. i musn't, i musn't. oh god, please dont let me telephone him. please keep me from doing that. i know god, just as well as you do, that if he were worried about me, he'd telephone no matter where he was or how many people there were around him. please make me know that god. i dont ask YOU to make it easy for me -- you can't do that, for all that you could make a world. only let me know it god. dont let me go on hoping. dont let me say comforting things to myself. please dont let me hope dear god. please, dont.

i wont telephone him. i'll never telephone him again as long as i live. he'll rot in hell, before i'll call him up. you dont have to give me strength, god; i have it myself. if he wanted me, he could get me. he knows where i ram. he knows i'm waiting here. he's so sure of me, so sure. i wonder why they hate you, as soon as they are sure of you. i should think it would be so sweet to be sure. it would be so easy to telephone him. then i'd know. maybe it wouldn't be a foolish thing to do.

maybe he wouldn't mind. maybe he'd like it. maybe he has been trying to get me. sometimes people try and try to get you on the telephone, and they say the number doesn't answer. i'm not just saying that to help myself; that really happens. you know that really happens, god. oh, god, keep me away from that telephone. keep me away. let me still have just a little bit of pride. i think i'm going to need it, god. i think it will be all i'll have.


get my point?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: