Monday, May 17, 2004

reunion, unattended

my dad is flying home to indonesia today, so i won't get to see him for a couple of weeks. hope he gets there safely.

i have to say, i miss my relatives in indonesia. my dad has 3 brothers and a sister, and he's the youngest of all. i remember back in the old days when we used to have family reunion twice a year; those are the best days ever. i got to eat good food, make fun of my cousins, play NBA JAM in the old sega console, FIFA 97 in playstation, and many other things. among these, what makes the reunion much better is the fact that five siblings, each living in different cities, separated by hours of drives, get to see each other again, tell stories and jokes, and tease each other like back when they still live in the slum area of central java. muntilan, to be exact, but none of you knows that anyway. nothing made my ego happier than when i managed to turn an attempt by one of my uncles or aunts to ridicule me, back at them, and rendered them silent while everyone else was laughing at them. it's irresistable for an eleven-year old to play a game of wit with an adult.

this time they are planning on having another one of those reunions, and i'll be the only one left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: