Monday, May 03, 2004

dear taylor

i'm sorry, but if that's what you think of my post, then i guess it can't be helped. i was, in my entry, in NO WAY trying to say that women are irrational. simply that they analyze things more. this is MY blog, and i have all the right in the world to use some idiotic rant in it instead of my own word. i ITALICIZED the whole 5 paragraphs, meaning that it was NOT written by me. i don't know what kind of feminist you are, but even my friend who's an active feminist didn't make such a big deal of that entry.

i personally dislike any discussion on abortion, feminism, homosexuality, and anything politics, so i tend to avoid them. i simply believe one thing: that i have my belief on things, and you have your belief on things. there is no point for discussion because it only heats things up and obviously no one with a belief is going to give in or give up. if one gives up so easily on his/her beliefs, it's NOT believing. there's is no such thing as right and wrong. one cannot say someone else's opinion on a certain thing is wrong or right. one's belief is CORRECT for himself, or herself, but might NOT for someone else. YOUR BELIEF is right for you, MY BELIEF is right for myself.

i went to your xanga and posted pretty much what i'm saying right now but apparently there's some error in the server and my post wouldnt submit. so here i am repeating again what i was saying. and since you asked about what does feminism mean in your xanga, i'll let you know what feminism mean to me:

feminism nowadays, although it's a relatively new movement, seems like more than just women striving to be treated equal as men to me. it seems like in the back of their minds they want to take over the world and make men their slaves. it seems like women want men to experience how it feels not being able to vote, how it feels being opressed, how it feels to be a property of the opposite sex. it seems like they want equal rights, but also more than that. they want vengeance. if this is not true, i'm glad. but so far, none of the feminist i've met told me: "we simply want to men to respect us as much as we respect them." the feminists i've met, or heard of, said: "average men makes 7 cents per hour more than us women, so i want my fucking 7 cents back!" or "we women don't need men, men need US." now the latter one i won't dispute, because i know it's true. but in my humble opinion, if feminist movement hasn't been as vicious as it seems to me, it may have given me better impression. i am NOT a feminist, but i respect women, more than i respect men. if you have problem with that, then there's nothing else i can do.

however, it seems to me that you have problems comprehending what i'm actually trying to say, so in that case there's no point for me in taking this argument further. again, i was NOT trying to say that women are irrational in that entry. if that entry offend you in any way, i apologize.

like i said, i dislike discussions like this. this blog is supposed to be about MY VIEW OF THE WORLD, OF MY LIFE, and OF ONE PIECE, and not about stuff like this. so regardless of how much more you want to write in the comments, i will not take this argument further.

sincerely,
benedectus edo juwono

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: