Saturday, April 24, 2004

just a painting in my mind

i remember this song from a long time ago, back when i was still sucking my thumb and had my classmates laugh at me for doing so.
props to you tommy page, whatever you have become now. memories of your songs have never faded away.

paintings in my mind

picture this, you and me
walking down a white sand beach
we're holding hands, the warm winds blow
we're all alone

all these dreams are fantasies
they're not real, not reality
and now I cry over you, nearly die over you
and all the bits and pieces of us that I try to find

are only paintings in my mind
faded memories of another place and time
we were happy as can be
you were loving me
and now it's just an image that I find
like the paintings in my mind

when you left, I fell apart
I was torn, you broke my heart
and now I cry over you, nearly die over you
and all the bits and pieces of us that I try to find

exist as paintings in my mind
faded memories of another place and time
we were happy as can be
you were loving me
and now it's just an image that I find
like the paintings in my mind

impressions of the way it was
long ago, somewhere back in time


i'm reliving my childhood. it's true that life is so much better when you're a little kid, nothing to worry about.
now you have to worry about so many things:
your grades,
your future,
your romance relationship,
your friends,
your overclocked cpu,
your hermit crabs,
your seamonkies,
your exponentially declining money supply,
your school assignments,
your family,
your today,
your tomorrow.

stop.

breathe, then release.

it's alright if you want to spend your lifetime trying to keep up with time because you don't want to be left behind and have the langoliers come and eat you. but no matter how fast you are, you can't defeat time. it's a race with a certain winner: NOT YOU. so why not take it easy and enjoy things a little? don't get too behind because those langoliers crunch might be extra painful, but don't go too fast either.

live life one step at a time.

like dat phan said, one step at a time, from the toe up.

stop for a moment, close your eyes, and think about these things,
things you like when you were little.

that old wooden sling that you once used to make the kindergarten bully ran away from you crying,
the little teapot set that you used to play all the time with your grandma,
that rusty bike in the garage that you could have sworn you saw a blueshift when going down a hill with it,
old songs that bring back these memories,
the power rangers water bottle that was once your favorite,
your first wallet,
your first non-squeaky shoes with no running led installed,
your first time using chopsticks,
your first time scraping your knees,

stop for a moment and think about these. for me, it was when i first grabbed a pencil and decided that it would be my writing utensil for the rest of my life. and when i first drew the ugliest comic character ever. it puts a smile on my face, thinking how hideous it was.

life was so good back then, there's no worries.

but life is just as beautiful now. no worries. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: