Monday, April 05, 2004

calluses on toes

yeah, you get those if you walk around in sandals too much.

apparently people look at me weird when i walk around in jeans, running shoes, and blue t-shirt, with the straw hat on.
i noticed more people stared at me today than all the other days i've worn the straw hat. and then there's this one girl who was staring at me when i walked past the warren atm machine. or at least i think she was staring at me. i mean, this girl had her eyes fixed on me (or somewhere around me) since the time i crossed the street until i was exactly right next to her. by that time i couldnt look from the corner of my eyes without actually turning my head. and i think i can safely assume she was staring at me because it's obvious that i was the only weirdo around. we all stare at weird people, don't we?

is staring impolite? my answer would be no. nah. nay. it's simply curiosity. you see someone that you don't see pretty often everyday like a hot girl in skimpy clothing walking around on campus, an obese guy in an army uniform, a hobo, a jew with 10-inch beard, an idiot walking backward, 95-year old man riding a bike, a guy with a straw hat and a blue shirt that says "JENN PAE FOR PRESIDENT," so you stare. you feel the urge to observe carefully, something that you might not see again for the rest of your life. what's so impolite in that? God knows, maybe someday you managed to figure out why these weirdos act and dress the way they are and you can win a prize equal to The Nobel in psychology. or anthropology. or better, cognitive science.

this whole AS student election thing gives me an idea. especially after i bought a t-shirt from jenn that says "JENN PAE FOR PRESIDENT."
we should all have our own customized tshirt!
go to footlocker and get the 5 for $19.99 tshirts and share with 4 other friends. make something like
VOTE HOMER FOR THE DONUT KING
or
IF {
        VOTE="ME";
        PRINTF("AWESOME");
        ELSE {
                  PRINTF=("SCREW YOU");
                 }
      }


expect something along the lines of "LUFFY FOR PIRATE KING" from me.

i have no school spirit whatsoever, but when it comes to being a jerk, count me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: