Wednesday, June 30, 2004

natsu no sakura

the mesh chair i got from officemax is so comfy, i've been holding out on the call of nature. i guess that's not healthy, but my ass won't let me get off the soft, comfy seat cushion, and my back won't let me get off the mesh back. ah, life.

i just spent a little over a hundred bucks buying twelve books for my summer philosophy classes. freakin summer classes, i could have used that hundred-bucks to buy two physics textbook for fall. i know, twelve books worth more than two physics books, but i'm a physics major, so i'd rather be spending money on books that i will be using for the rest of my life. not weird philosophy books. one thing i don't quite get though, as the classes get harder, the books get thinner, less fancy, with almost no pictures or color pages, but the prices go up like hell. not to mention that they're harder to read also because they barely have a full sentence in it.

nose is running like crazy, and been sneezing once or twice every fifteen minutes. if that doesn't sound bad, i'm also losing my voice. blah. i know how to stop bleeding, but nose running? not only that, i've just managed to sneeze twelve times in a row. what's the world record of continuous sneezing? i wonder if anyone has ever died from sneezing; i certainly don't want to be the first. that makes me wonder even more. before they invented toilet paper or tissues, how do people blow their nose when they've got flu? i bet it's quite gross back in those days.

philosophy done well is science;
philosophy done poorly is theology.


that's what my philosophy teacher kept ranting about for the first five or ten minutes into the class. poor theologists, go scientists. like soujiro seta said, i would like to go seek out the truth by myself, so i'm sticking with physics.

my 56k internet has stopped disconnecting every 26 minutes. now it disconnects every 27 minutes. 1 minute grace period, should i be thankful, or should i be pissed?

the mesh back of my chair looks so cool, earlier i tried to see if it can diffract electrons coming out of my computer screen. after quite a while looking like and idiot bending over behind a mesh chair with one eye closed, i said to myself that the gap would have to be of the size of an electron. baka. boredom makes me stupid. not that i've been smart before, it just makes me even stupider.

so i need to start making websites and writing posts for my philosophy classes, but i haven't even gotten the books to read, yet. maybe i'll go to the library tomorrow and try to see if they've got the books. or maybe i'll do the buy-and-return method. but then that would require me to go back and forth, gas money must be taken into account. sit-and-read at b&n doesn't sound that bad, but even the closest b&n is quite far from here. why can't i get the books in a fingersnap? dammit.

i guess i AM the epitome of laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: