Saturday, June 18, 2005

someday i'll be saturday night

someday, not today.

two hours well spent in the library figuring shit out, and now after downloading some shit, with X11 being one of the most essential, i can run 95% of my job from this little mac. i actually think it's 100%, but my pessimistic subconsciousness just reminded me that nature always screws something up, so let's give her the 5%.

got my physics webspace claimed. i think i will use that to store logs of my progress. or lack thereof. that way i can keep my professors updated, if they are even at all interested.

getting a little bit more used to the unix commands. i hate taking time to learn stuff that everyone else in the free world already knows, because that just makes me feel stupid. so rather than learning i'd rather not know about them at all, and pretend that i DO know, because i'm sure one day the answer will just pop out of nowhere by chance and then i will be as knowledgable as everyone else. like what just happened about half hour ago.

just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or happen. like dark matter. or creation by chance.

i think a world where things happen by chance would be an awesome world. you walk around and suddenly a sperm whale fell off the sky. ah, the lovely infinite improbability drive. human beings should strive for that. i'll explain how it works later after i get back to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: