Tuesday, June 28, 2005

come on, barbie

came across some of AQUA's songs in my ipod this morning. i've had their songs since back in middle school, but this is the first time i actually paid attention to the lyrics. they go somewhere along these lines:

i'm a barbie girl in the barbie world
life in plastic, it's fantastic
you can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
imagination, life is your creation

i'm a blonde single girl in the fantasy world
dress me up, take your time, i'm your dollie
you're my doll, rock and roll, feel the glamour and pain
kiss me here, touch me there, hanky-panky

make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please
i can act like a star, i can beg on my knees
come jump in, be my friend, let us do it again
hit the town, fool around, let's go party

is it just me, or there is a shitload of sexual innuendoes in there? not just ordinary sexual innuendoes, but sad, pathetic ones. and i think they totally hit the spot. woah, brilliant.

and i didn't realize this until 8 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: