Sunday, June 19, 2005

missing superiority

if superiority is determined by the number of keys one has, then i am no longer superior.

my keys are gone. they disappeared. vanished into thin air.

this might very well be one of the things caused by the infinite improbability drive. i guess all i have to do is wait until i get back some normality.

a keychain with a malfunctioning compass from the CIA, two glendora house keys, IG apartment key, IG laundry room key, IG mailbox key, SPS room key, 2BL lab key, tate 243 key, dorm room key, mailbox key, two spencer's member card, ralph's club card, albertson's club card, all gone. gone.

i've always thought as those keys as my life. or at the very least, they represent my life. places that i live in, places that i visit to meet people, places that i visit to hide my existence, places where i grow up, places where i learn many, many things that have shaped me into the person i am today. and they're all gone. just gone. i've kind of expected them to be gone someday, since i'm a firm believer of 'there's always a first time for everything,' but i never thought that the day would come this early.

i had the keys with me when i left the dorm to go to the library, that i'm very certain about, but when i got back to the dorm, the keys weren't in my backpack anymore. the only place i might have dropped them is the library, but they didn't have them when i checked back today.

a wormhole must have appeared out of nowhere and sucked in my keys. to that bastard in the parallel dimension who now has my keys, you better take care of them, or i'll hunt down your sorry ass all the way to the end of the universe.

i've never been to the library before. not here, not san diego. until yesterday. and then i lost my keys. so that's it, no more library for me. first impression is all that matters. why would one want to go to the library anyway? there are other places where one can sit more comfortably to do one's work. like a coffeeshop. or denny's. or the bed. or my mesh chair in my room in san diego. ah, i miss that chair. the only thing that keeps me rather happy here is the anti-fallback chair i stole from the lounge, but even that is not as comfy as the one they have at clics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: