Thursday, August 26, 2004

parental advisory

i was lying on my bad, staring at the ceiling, admiring the pattern of wood on the ceiling.

these patterns.



nature is beautiful. i don't even wanna know how biology people explain this. i think it's about time scientists stop reducing our sunsets to wavelengths and frequencies. stop doing the science and admire nature for a moment; for its beauty, not for what is hidden in it.

then my mom walked in.

she started ranting about my future and the day i get married and have little kids and whatnot. then my dad came in and started talking about the days when they just got together, HOW they got together, including all the details. trust me: it's worse than listening to your parents talking to you about how to use your penis correctly.

my mom ended the whole torture with "it's a dream of mine, that after you get married, you and your wife will stay here in this house. you know, you can live a perfect life in this very house."

[blinding flashes]

[thunderclap]

[high-pitched screeching noise]

[more blinding flashes]


then i was reminded to a similar situation in THAT 70's SHOW, which i imitated to amuse myself:

i've never heard the phrase "perfect life" and "in this very house" being used in the same sentence. oh, UNLESS separated by "as soon as i get the hell out of."

my life's turning into one big comedy. this is great. i only hope it's a series, not a one-timer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: