Thursday, July 08, 2004

a glass of coke without ice

i decided to take a break from all my philosophy crap. i'm sure i'll be able to pull something out of my ass for the midterm. after all, it's philosophy; there is no such thing as a right answer.

finally got myself a desk. a brand new wood desk, all for myself. i used to share a desk with my sister, back in the old days when i was still in highschool. after i moved down to sandiego, she took over the desk, and now i'm not even allowed to get near it anymore. so i spent a good $79 at this small furniture store owned by a chinese man for a brand new desk, compact with a side tray to put my PC on, a drawer for the keyboard, a wide tiltable board on the back for the monitor, and a shelf on the top for books. now i don't have to put aside my keyboard and mouse again everytime i need to write something, and now i finally have a desk wide enough for an 8.5x11 piece of paper.

maaya sakamoto has some really good songs. soothing, and most of them are actually in english. ^_^

i just turned my back to see who's singing in the pepsi smash show, and before i found out it was annie lennox, i thought to myself: holy crap that old lady is about to die, get her off the stage FAST.

spent some time with my dad driving ten miles up the mountain last night. i was all fed up with philosophy and other crap like my sister's attitude and whatnot, so i thought a night drive would do me some good like back in sandiego. glendora doesn't have beaches, so i went for the mountains. couldn't go over 30mph because otherwise my corolla would have skid and fell into the canyon. had a long father-son conversation on the way up and back down; exactly what i needed since talking is the only way for my dad to understand me, and for me to understand my dad. y'all should go talk to yo dads as well, you would've never guessed how much your dad actually understands you. =)

going to the museum of tolerance this weekend for my ethics class. anyone wants to join? i heard they check ids and the trunks in case you're carrying dynamites or any deadly weapon. now that gets me thinking: anyone who's been to jail before and proficient in harmful weapons wants to join? or better, any illegal immigrant wants to hide in the trunk?

"love brings happiness, much much more so than pining for someone brings pain." ~albert einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: