Sunday, February 05, 2006

and the reign is over

finally.

i'm sick and tired of watching two of my deviations in DA, evilness and zoroxnami, towering above others in terms of favorite counts. i've never considered these two as my best work, yet they were the ones that win people's votes. sadly, the deviations that i can look at with a big smile on my face to express how proud i am of them, like sleigh bells ringing and 8558 kiriban never got as much loving as those two did.

i guess what makes me happy doesn't always make other people happy.

anyhow, the wait has ended. we need more moonwell just reached 47 favorites, which officially won it the devwatcher's favorite deviation award.



i'm honestly glad that the deviation that won the "most favorited deviation" this time is not a fanart. i've always questioned myself whether i'm actually able to make something that is appealing yet original, and not just blindly using someone else's character. in my case, i've always been using oda's characters, which of course, makes things a bit easy since everyone already loves his characters. now that one of the comic strips actually managed to beat my fanarts, i'm actually gaining a little bit of confidence on my original strips.

it's a step forward. or, at least that's how i'd like to think about it.

oh, and by the way, eggy and i had a doodlewar early saturday morning.



i lost, but that's just because i think it was such a fitting ending to whoever dares to defy the god of all mangaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: