Sunday, October 08, 2006

dear dank

i miss my slacker buddy. =(

so, this whole joining a research group thing was a result of a misunderstanding. what happened was: i went to my advisor just to talk about whether or not i can check out what's going on with his project, etc, etc. (emphasis: JUST TO CHECK OUT). i asked him if i should start attending group meetings. not getting involved in a project, but just attending the meetings to see what's going on, what's being discussed, what's the project status, what's the problem with it, etc., because you know, sitting in a meeting just listening couldn't hurt. my advisor thought that i'm such a motivated person that even in my first year that's packed with classes, homework, teaching, grading, and other stuff, i'm already looking to join a group.

so he introduced me to this research faculty, saying "hey, this dude want work," which was replied with "oooh, that's good. we need help."

and deep, deep down inside, i hated myself for not being able to scream out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at that time. all i did was smile.

that's how i got myself into this mess. super-motivated? no. i just happened to get stuck because of my own stupidity.

the plus-side, though, is that i get to go to japan. and depending on how things go, i might be able to go as early as this november.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: